Liturgy Committee Meeting 1/12/2016
Attending: Mark Capuano, Mary Anne O’Donnell, Robin Rokisky, Beth Houze, John Wojcicki, Deacon Lyn Houze
Opening Prayer: Deacon Lyn
Review of Advent and Christmas: General consensus of those present was that the music, homilies and Advent books were good.
The Penance Service/Divine Mercy Chaplet at Holy Trinity was well attended.
Prayer of the Faithful response “Jesus, I trust in You” was a nice change.
People enjoyed the Christmas carols before mass.
The children’s participation in the 6 pm Christmas mass was good and would like to do again next year per John, but needs more planning with PSR.
Discussion and Coordination of Ideas:
Need to evaluate new resources to replace the current Glory and Praise books. John has samples of other hymnals. He requested that Kristi order sample of Glory and Praise 3.
Discussion for new Mass Setting is tabled til we decide on new music book.
John will check e-bay for red altar cloth.
Discussed 2nd collections should be listed in bulletin to assist the ushers and to allow for flow of music.
Preparation for Lent and Easter:
No Gloria or Alleluia in Lent
Ash Wednesday Masses:7 a.m. and 7 p.m. with music at 7 p.m.
Chose Lent booklets: for Children- 40 Clues for 40 Days and Following Jesus, Stations of the Cross. For adults: “Listening to the Holy Spirit”. Also will get “Praying The Stations of Mercy with Pope Francis” to be used for the stations of the cross.
Deacon Lyn discussed “Best Lent Ever” and the book “Rediscover Jesus” and promote these with bulletin and pulpit announcements.
Stations of the Cross will be Tuesdays in Lent. Tentative time was 6:30 p.m. Will need to have individuals and/or groups volunteer to lead the stations. Need 5 people per group: 2 leaders, 2 candle bearers, 1 cross bearer. Will do bulletin and pulpit announcements.
Tentative times for Holy Week: Holy Thursday 7 p.m., Good Friday 3 p.m., Easter Vigil 8:30 p.m. Will need to firm these up when Fr. Jonathan returns.
Discussed Deacon chanting Kyrie Eleison for Lent and also changing response to prayers of the faithful during Lent
Evaluation: What are the positive aspects? What can be improved?
1. The 4:30 choir has implemented change in communion line and has worked well to allow for a better flow.
2. The new Advent altar cloth is beautiful and is also reversible and can be used for Easter.
3. The servers are doing a better job of ringing bells during mass and placing the cross in the altar area.
4. The new people who are serving in various capacities at mass have been trained and are now serving in their respective roles.
1. Still room for improvement with bells during mass.
2. Better planning and communication between groups within the church.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, March 1st at 7 p.m.