wwW.HolyTrinityZoar.com

Church of the Holy Trinity

A Family - Centered Catholic Church Serving Northern Tuscarawas County

Pastoral Council

Mark Cush - President

Rick Christ - Vice President

Mark Capuano - Secretary

Rick Cercone

Paula Cush

Cathy Morris

Amy Rowland

Dave Weiland

Jo Ann Yost

Mission Directors

Worship:  Mark Capuano & Joanne Yost

Culture Building:  Paula Cush & Kathy Morris

Formation:  Rick Cercone & Rick Christ

Evangelization: Dave Weiland & Amy Rowland

 

October 2015 Meeting Minutes

 

Text Box: 1Parish Council Meeting- Church of the Holy Trinity     

October 20, 2015

In attendance were Mark Cush, Cathy Morris, Dave Weiland, Rick Christ, Amy Rowland, Jo Ann Yost, Paula Cush, Rick Cercone, and Father Jonathan. Deacon Lyn, Mark Capuano and Father Jeff were absent. Mark Cush opened the meeting with prayer, the September meeting minutes were approved with one correction of the name Don Ackerman. Also thanks to Deacon and Mark for the refreshments.

Building Committee report- no new updates since last meeting.

Finance Council update presented by Father Jonathan. Our finances are in good shape. Work being done on E-giving where a contribution can be made from wherever you are. The company will be having a meeting with the parish. D ate of meeting TBD. We are not locked into contract and have ability to opt out. Repairs on parking lot has been contracted for spring of 2016. We are requesting financial assistance from the Catholic Foundation. Quote for $11,000 to fill in cracks, do light repair work. Suggestion made that we need a custodian to handle maintenance schedule and be responsible for opening/closing of parish regarding room rentals. There is money in the budget to cover this. Job description for position to be created by the finance council. Father Jeff will need to approve.

Mission Reports:

Worship- Missal and Hymnal replacement in progress. Will need to be completed prior to Advent as our current books expire at that time. Father Jonathan mentioned Saturday Mass does not have enough Eucharistic ministers, ushers, lecture. Suggestion made to ask newest group of trainees if they can help on Saturday, also after the New Year announce the need for just Saturday's.

Formation- finalized Trunk or Treat event. Tables will be set up inside and taken down by team provided by Susan Labish. Knights will coordinate food needs and handle expenses involved.

Evangelization- the original retreat planned has been tabled for future, pending approval by Father Jeff. Alternate plans are in place headed up by Father Ty for speakers and a 3 day event during Lent.

 

Culture Building- finding a maintenance supervisor has been suspended pending finalizing the custodial position.

Old Business:

It was agreed any updates to the maintenance schedule can be made as needed.

Mark Cush will line up company to come out and run cameras to address restroom issue. Dave Weiland offered to meet with them.

Trunk or Treat will be at 10 am on Oct. 25 after mass and instead of PSR. Website- testing out email reminder system for ministry schedules. Replacement for Frank Price in process.

New Council Members- Father Jonathan suggested mentoring program to assist with continuity.

New Business:

Brat Booth made $2631 for General fund. In future looking to offset this with the two major events we have annually. Man hours involved in Brat Booth are large compared to proceeds.

Loren's list-- Amy Rowland suggested Backpack program for TV schools. Called Loving Heart

Foundation spearheaded by Eric from the Carpenter shop. 10 % of his income goes to the program. Every Thurs at the Carpenter shop they pack 100 backpacks for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Another church's women's club delivers lunches and brings back backpacks. We could participate by providing a single food item weekly and assist with packing. It was unanimously agreed that we would choose this as one of our two new ministries. Suggestion made to refocus n some of our existing ministries, Bloodmobile, Share a Christmas and St. Vincent de Paul. Agreed we will all think about second ministry and discuss again at next meeting.

Nominating Committee charged with creating binders for new Committee Members. Also explain length of terms and responsibilities involved.

Each Mission Committee's October task is for their Mission is to explain , What is it? What do you expect? How do you feel? visualize, look, smell, feel. Parishioner Issues- Mark's suggestion to change response to Jesus we trust in you. Father Jonathan thought it was not a problem to make that change. Open discussion- suggestion that we buy book by Matthew Kelly "Rediscovering Jesus". Fund through Adult Ed budget of $2700 and/or perhaps Knights could contribute. Like to do during Christmas season because we have our largest audience at that time. Council supports the suggestion.

Discussed plans for Year of Mercy. Jo Ann Yost contacted Eagle tours. We

will go to Carey on Tues May 10th. Also can do a 1 or 2 day tour to the National Shrine Basilica in Washington D.C. for all 3 parishes. Need to select a date and number of persons interested to get a price. Recommendation is to do in the fall of 2016. Cathy Morris has contacted the Women of Holy Trinity Group to handle banner making that Father Jeff requested. There is a budget of $200 for the project. Women's group meets agIn on Oct 27th. Jo Ann suggested a penance service with a short talk about Grace. There is a penance service already scheduled.

 

Cathy Morris will contact Cathy Hamilton for a list of names of Year of Mercy committee members at the other two parishes. Cathy will also talk to Kristi about getting nominations for new members in the bulletin.

 

Rick Cercone asked for everyone's help in selling dinner and raffle tickets for the steak dinner. Also wine and alcohol donation or any silent auction items. Emphasized that our two major fundraisers are critical to our budget.

 

Mark closed the meeting with a prayer.

 

Submitted by Cathy Morris

 

 

 

PARISH PROBLEMS or CONCERNS?


Perhaps we can help. Please contact any Parish Pastoral Council member with a problem or concern that you feel needs attention. We will work with you to try to resolve the issue. Let's all work towards a better, stronger Parish! 

Thank you - from the PPC